Monday 6 June 2011

Sue's changed her flight

Adrian,

I'm in the throes of putting together a playlist of all our old madrigals (downloaded from iTunes) and wondered if you can remember any that we sang? I've got The Silver Swan, Fair Phyllis, As Torrents but have come to a halt! Any ideas?…..

I've been going round the house singing As Torrents at the top of my voice and trying to remember all the 2nd soprano/alto parts!!! As I haven't been doing any singing for a long time either it's quite painful and my little Westie thinks I've finally cracked and is giving me very strange looks!

Not sure about 15 Oct yet as it's going to cost me a fortune to change my flights around but would love to be there!………….

(24 hours later)I've burnt you a CD with the following on and put it in the post:

The Silver Swan
As Torrents
Fair Phyllis
Adieu, Sweet Amaryllis
My Bonny Lass
Steal Away
I Love My Love
Down By The Sally Gardens
The Water is Wide

Feel free to make as many copies as you like from it!!!

I've also rearranged my flight so that I come back in time for the reunion on 15th!! Hope the others can make it too!!

.......Just to let you know that I've been looking for accommodation in Lyme for the night of 15th Oct and it's pretty near all booked up!! However the good news is that there are rooms at The Talbot Arms for £70 per night still available (I've booked one) if anyone else is looking. No special deals or commission on my part! It's going to be pretty spooky staying where I lived all those years ago!! I don't know if you want to put this on your blog to save others from looking around and getting frustrated. Also it gives us another venue for when we have outstayed our welcome at the school!!!!

Cheers
Sue Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment