Wednesday 29 June 2011

It might have all been so different

Trudy Richards! Well, well ,well. There's a good story here. Brian was always an advocate of his own university, Sheffield. He managed to convince Trudy and myself that this was the place to be. Somewhere along the line, parents decreed that we could drive up together. The night before we left, a number of my so called 'friends' broke in to my father's garage and put a nice little 'Just Married' on the bumper of my little Austin A30 along with some suitable ribbons if I recall. This was fortuitous, the next morning, when I was doing the usual 55 through Yeovil. Only when we arrived at the big city did we understand why the police were asking us how yesterday went and that 'under the circumstances' they were going to let me off and the parting 'congratulations' from the kindly policeman. Mind you I'm quite glad I didn't marry Trudy, it looks as though I'd have had a lot to live up to! Looking forward to meeting up in October though.
Dave Read

No comments:

Post a Comment