Thursday 30 June 2011

Of how we spread our wings...

Thank you so much for 'revealing' the names of the contributors to the blog. It makes such a difference to read the posts and have an image (albeit a slightly outdated one) of the writers. I am so looking forward to meeting up with everyone, but have to confess it's going to be a challenge to my memory, mainly because it (my memory) is hopelessly defective and I have forgotten far too much. I put it down to having moved countries so many times. Just catching up with Sue Turner, Sarah Wyatt and Dave Read has awakened all sorts of dormant images and incidents that I would never have thought possible to forget - but I had. What is even more appealing is that almost every one of our number has had a really interesting life. I can't wait to talk to Trudy about her craft works, not to mention her musical career too. And Dave Read as well. I happen to know he has a thing for vintage tractors, a passion I rather inconsequentially share given the fact that I live on a barge and no longer have any connection to things of an agricultural nature. Sue Turner (now Hackett) has also done some amazing things and just ask her about her connection to Cyprus. As for Sarah, she fills me with hopeless nostalgia with her accounts of horse riding safaris in Africa. You, too, Drain. I have so enjoyed your mails, and many of the others have also given great accounts on the blog here.

Maybe it was something Brian Manners saw in us all - the potential not just for music but for spreading our wings like the Silver Swan. It would be nice to think so, wouldn't it? The old photos are absolutely wonderful, as are the memories, but my feeling is that this meeting is going to revive and cement some very good an interesting friendships. I can't wait!

Warmest of best wishes

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment