Monday 27 June 2011

short skirts...lovely legs

What an incredible surprise to get Drain's letter, and what an achievement to track us all down! I have often wondered what happened to us all after school, so reading all your news on the blog is a great joy. I do hope some of us get back in touch again. I'd love to hear from you and maybe meet up, other than just at the reunion, I mean. Will we recognise each other or are we all equally decrepit? I've been studying the photos on the blog. We're all so young, those skirts are so short...and the legs so lovely...oh dear!

A few quick catch-up notes. I did a Performers' LGSM and then, later, another music degree in Dartington 1986-89. Got married to Hubby 1 in 1970 (arrgggh!), then to Hubby 2 in 1978, which lasted 17 years, until he ran off with a ginger woman with 5 kids. Ha! I've been with Dave (NOT married, let's be sensible) for 15+ years. He's been around the block as many times as I have and now we're both into our dogs (2 Borzois) , cats (3) and large garden. We both enjoy playing folk music and Dave's CD is out soon, viz: www.daveholliday.me.uk. I've been teaching piano and voice for years, after singing professionally for a while. I hated the travelling. Dave and I now rent out some flats in Exeter. I still paint (pictures, I mean) and spend a lot of time on spinning, dyeing and fibre crafts generally. The days are too short...

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all again. And singing together will be very special. I too still remember the alto line to Amaryllis...

Trudy Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment