Thursday 21 April 2011

Survival of Spam Eating Larch

I have been forwarded the Madrigal Reunion info by Sarah Vincent - we see each other quite a lot and caught up at a Golden Wedding party yesterday.
I am a member of the Old Students etc, (I occasionally check Friends Reunited), and have been thinking about the monumental 40 year anniversary, and all that has happened in the intervening years, not only to ourselves, but also to our beloved Dubrovnik! We are all either 60 or perilously close to it - another reason to meet before we all start falling off the other end!
I am still at Darvole Farm, East Coker, Yeovil, Somerset. BA22 9QJ... Anyway, I am very keen to attend a reunion, though that date may not be ideal for me as we look to be away, but that's my problem to sort out! John and I will have been married 35 years in July, no children, but very happy farming and horse racing, which means we work hard and play hard. I still have my poster from the Bishop's Palace, which adorned every college room, and flat once I was teaching (at Sherborne) so it's a bit tatty. Also have my 'spam eating larch'. Kept in touch with Sarah W and Shelagh Patterson. Saw Shelagh last week in Lyme, (but she's not Madrigal Group). Ironically, she teaches at Seaford College where Dave Read taught. Heather Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment