Sunday 10 April 2011

It's Go for 15th October 2.00

Dear Woodroffe Madrigal Groupie I wonder if you have realised it is 40 years this summer since the Woodroffe Madrigal Group visit to Yugoslavia? When some of us last convened to remember this event in 1996 we decided to do so again this year. I would like to invite members of that 1971 tour and of the tour to Berlin in 1969 to join together for an afternoon of reminiscence and singing this October. The date will be Saturday October 15th 2011 most probably at Woodroffe School - it is the same day as the main Woodroffe Association Reunion which will take place that evening so you can go to both events if you wish!Loose plans at the moment are to chat and share photos and memories over a cup of tea before a good session of singing some of the tour repertoires (music will be provided although I bet many of us remember at least some of the parts!). I am inviting Brian Manners, of course, and David Coates as an honorary member! Once again I hope we can project the cine film Ernest Wellings made. Partners are of course most welcome too. I'll be in touch again with an update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment