Friday 29 April 2011

More from ladies abroad

I have just received your jolly letter about a Woodroffe Madrigal Group reunion on October 15th. What a splendid idea and how hard you must have been working to obtain contact details of all the old members. I am living in Botswana, Africa, and I have been here for the last thirty-four years! Although I usually visit England regularly, I sadly have no plans to visit this October but this could always change. My husband, Mike and I always come across for the Autumn Internationals at Twickenham but there are no matches this year due to the Rugby World Cup being held in New Zealand. I will pencil the date into my diary and let you know if I am able to attend what I know will be a fabulous event. Please feel free to use my E mail address to contact me [available from Adrian]. My postal address is P O BOX 80726, Gaborone, Botswana. Post from Europe can take anything up to a month to reach me! Much love, Sarah Wyatt XXX



What a blast from the past, hearing from you and delving into my old photo albums after all these years! As Jenni said, I shan't be able to attend but please send my good wishes to the Madrigal Group (as was). Also to Brian Manners whom I remember very fondly and to Mr Coates, my former English Lit teacher. As Jenni mentioned, my brother Cliff Broom (aka Basil) was also in the Madrigal Group but not when we went to Yugoslavia. He's a pilot with Virgin Atlantic now (formerly an RAF pilot). My sister, Michele Broom was also in Madrigal much later than us and lives in Bath (she's retrained as a holistic therapist).
…After I left Lyme, I studied for a two-year bilingual secretarial diploma in London and Switzerland and then worked in an international management consultancy in Brussels, the United Nations in Geneva and the European Commission in Brussels until 1993, after which I recycled myself as a freelance translator (French and Spanish) and moved to Catalonia in Spain where I have been working as a freelance ever since. I married (an Englishman) in 1982 and we have one daughter now aged 23 and studying in Salamanca.
…All the very best and I look forward to hearing about the meeting and what everybody is up to. Andi Broom


No comments:

Post a Comment