Friday 13 May 2011

Sue calling

The reunion sounds brilliant! However unfortunately I am due to be in Cyprus until 22 October but will look into returning a bit earlier as I would really love to come to this, catch up with all my old Madrigal Group pals, sing a few of our old songs (The Silver Swan I remember in particular as my tearjerker!).
What has happened to Brian Manners - I read on your blog that he has not been well?
I found my old programme for the Yugoslavia trip which I have scanned (complete with fag burns!) and thought you might like this for your blog!




When I left Woodroffe (reluctantly in 1971 - as we moved from The Talbot Arms to Seaton - and I wasn't allowed to cross the 'border' from Devon to Dorset to go to school), I went to Colyton Grammar School for my last 2 years. I hated every minute of those 2 years and desperately missed all my friends and the Madrigal Group at Lyme. I didn't work as hard as I should have done and therefore didn't get the grades to go to Uni so ended up doing an intensive PA course in Torquay. After leaving there I went to work at Peco Model Railways for a while as a PA, then got a job as a Purser with P&O Cruises and travelled the world for 4 years on their cruise liners. After getting married and having children I decided to requalify as a lecturer and do an MA in Education, and also in marketing and management and IT and went on to teach for a number of years, initially in FE then at Portsmouth University where I ended up as Head of eLearning. I took early retirement/voluntary redundancy last year and am now doing a bit of consultancy work and also a Reiki Master and Practitioner. I remarried 3 1/2 years ago and am living in Locks Heath, near Southampton. (I'm not sure that anyone will be interested in any of the above but just in case anyone asks!!!).
I'd love to hear what everyone else has been doing! I often hear snippets about and from John Denham on the radio or TV so I'm really glad he has done so well. Val Poore I had heard had long gone missing but I tracked her down and she is now living on a barge in the Netherlands!
If you have any other news from anyone I would love to hear about/from them. In the meantime let me know who is coming to the reunion on 15th October and I will do my best to rearrange my trip away.
All the best
Sue Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment