Tuesday 17 May 2011

Michael Groves's latest

Great to catch up after so long.

I've ended up with four grandchildren but not any kids of my own. My wife Jackie has two daughters, the eldest Rebecca who lives twelve miles from us with her husband and Victoria who is six thousand two hundred miles from us in Thailand. Rebecca has three boys, Max 9, Connor 7 this Weds and Theo now 3 ½. Victoria has one boy, Talagon who will be 2 in July. So life is fairly busy for us.

Have worked in Distribution Management initially and then Business Systems and Processes for what was Bass since 1988 but is now Molson Coors.

Interesting that we all seem to do a private rendition of one of the madrigals – I seem to recall Foggy Foggy dew, and also I think Bedlam (I love my love because I know he loves me) which I think might have been a Cornish folk song but have mislaid the music many moons ago and never seem to come across it anywhere else.
My music interests have evolved over the years – into jazz trad to mainstream and some modern but main interest is Folk and have been going to Sidmouth FF since 86 or 87 plus other concerts etc. Don’t really dislike much – probably poorly written modern music and country & western.
I still have somewhere the poster for the Rektor’s Palace. If I do come across it I can try to .pdf as long as it’s not more than A3. I also have a copy of a cassette that was made there by Ernest Wellings I think – would be great to get that onto CD or MP4 if anyone has the knowhow. Mike Groves, Derbyshire

No comments:

Post a Comment