Wednesday 2 November 2011

Caroline....since Woodroffe

As soon as we were back from Berlin, I went out to Hong Kong to join my family as my father had just been posted to the RN base there and took a gap year. I returned to the UK and started teacher training at Bishop Otter College in Chichester. My first teaching job was near Haslemere, where I spent three years at Shottermill Junior School. After that, I went to teach at The British School of Brussels where I stayed for 32 years. I met and then married Kevin, my flat mate. I was very comfortable at BSB - at different times as class teacher from Year 3 through to Year 7 and was in over all charge of Music in the Primary year groups, so ended up organising the Junior Choirs and Recorder Groups. I carried on singing in choirs and theatre groups and then took up Clarinet and Classical Guitar - but all that went by the board when we adopted our daughter Katie from India. Over the years, I became more and more interested in computers and eventually swapped my Music responsibility hat for IT. Kevin died in 2004 and I was asked to become IT Support teacher for the Primary Section instead of a class teaching role, which I did for a couple of years then changed to part time Secondary IT in Key Stage 3 rather than go back into the primary classroom. All this in the same school, I was very lucky. Katie by this time had graduated in Music from the University of Chichester and I decided to take early retirement and came back to the UK three years ago and we are now living near Arundel. These days I can be found sitting at my computer, researching my own family history and helping out with the Family Tree Forum ... so, if anyone else is interested in genealogy, we may have met online unknowingly!!

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment