Sunday 16 October 2011

Well, it happened

Well done to 31 (out of a possible 52) madrigal attenders at the reunion. Plus our VIP conductor, Brian, of course.
More reports will follow but for now I wanted to post the apologies for absence messages below. Adrian

Originally I had been intending to come to the reunion (Sheena had talked me into it when she and Dave came for my 60th party after my daughter had tracked her down, a long story!!) and my daughter and I had planned to come for a long weekend, but since the beginning of June I have been dividing my time between here in Sussex and Ely as my mother is terminally ill. She has been on the verge of leaving us since the end of August, but is still just about with us, so as things stand, I can't see me getting to Lyme now. It would have been good to see everyone, though I certainly wouldn't have been able to join in much with the singing, too many cigarettes over the years for that….I have just been looking at the blog - did I really have such dark hair then!! Great to read about what people have been up to. I will see if I can put something together about my doings….I hope the reunion goes well and I look forward to reading about it on the blog. Caroline Lewcock


Interesting to see some (very) old familiar names and some not so familiar ones (probably several years younger than me)….I did attend a reunion once before, and found no-one of my era there. I found this a rather strange and uncomfortable experience which, to be honest, I'm not keen to repeat. However, I do wish everyone on your list and others yet to be found all the very best. Best regards, John Wall


Apologies for being unable to make the reunion today. Unfortunately it was not possible to get down today. Hope all went well and you managed to get a good crowd.
Best regards, John Evans


So sorry not to be with you this weekend. Hope it goes really well. However, we are wondering about being down in Lyme the last weekend of November (26-27). You around then???…Andy Parnham


Thanks for this – unfortunately we are away until the 16th and I cannot attend. Looking forward to the half century reunion though! Mike Groves


Cynthia Dare rang to say her parents’ health was poor and she was unable to get away.


I am very sorry but I am not going to be able to come to Lyme this week-end. I have snagged my back and I am finding that car travel does it no good at all. I am walking around almost normally, but I drove to Bournemouth yesterday and when I got out of the car I thought I was going to seize up. So it will be better for me if I don’t make the trip. It’s a big disappointment for me but I will hope to catch up with you and others on another occasion. Steve Evemy


I know for definite that I won’t be able to come in October, but it would be lovely to know how it all goes, so will look forward to that, and thanks for the blog….Best wishes, Joy Pitman


I am definitely intending to come and will email people. However, I do have M.E. which makes things very trying. If I'm not there it will only be because I'm not well enough...I'm not trying to sound vague, and I will be there if I possibly can be, rest assured. How many do you think are coming? [Later] … I doubt I shall make it though. Not too bright at the moment, but if I'm up to it I'll come. If not, I do hope it all goes well for you and you all have a wonderful time. Whatever, I'm so grateful for the email addresses and the chance to catch up with old friends, like Carol and Janie and Joy….All the best, Love Trudesx (Richards)


I shan't be able to attend but please send my good wishes to the Madrigal Group (as was). Also to Brian Manners whom I remember very fondly and to Mr Coates, my former English Lit teacher. All the very best and I look forward to hearing about the meeting and what everybody is up to. Andi Broom


Thanks for the music, although unfortunately I won't be able to sing it with you all on Saturday, as there's no way I can get away from Spain and work at this time of year.
I'm sure you'll all have a great time and I'll think of you happily together again in Lyme….Will you be posting photos of the event on the blog? I hope so, as I'd love to see them.Yours, Jenni Jones


I am very sorry, but really dont think I can make it to the reunion. I have recently had to take charge of my sister’s children (she died) and my mother ..... so very little time to spare for anything!…I hope its a good reunion - do give my regards to all me old mates….
take care, Philippa Roe


Thank you for your kind invitation. It is with regret that due to commitments I cannot join you. Hope you have a wonderful time…I’ll be thinking of you. Linda Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment